Our release notes have been moved to our Release Notes
Many of our customers choose GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise as an alternative for RSYNC for Windows.
RSYNC for windows is a great tool do not get me wrong. The main problem with it is that it lacks the performance that is offered in today’s technology and the fact that it is not very intuitive to get it working properly.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise works very similar to RSYNC and RSYCN for Windows (CwRSync) yet it is much more robust and offers many features that RSYNC lacks.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise Features:
1) Robust performance using proprietary multi threading technology where several files can get copied simultaneously. What RSYNC completes in 3 hours, GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise can complete in a fraction of that time.
2) Files can be copied though a single (configurable) TCP port with the option to use AES encryption and compression or use SMB path (\\UNC).
3) Files can be replicated at block level or file level.
4) Runs as a service, can be scheduled to run at specific time and repeat on set criteria (fixed interval, every weekday, end of the month…etc).
5) Support environment variables.
6) Beside full automation and set it and forget it mentality, it can send email notifications when the copy job fails or successful or both.
7) Installation, configuration and working in matter of minutes.
8) Extremely easy and intuitive logical design. In addition to a powerful yet simple GUI, command line support is also supported out of the box.
9) Support for long path names, copies NTFS ACL permissions, and replicates file and folder attributes, date and time-stamps, copy open and locked files.
10) GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise is fully documented (admin guide and video library with many different examples) in addition to fully support by GuruSquad premier support.
Whether you are looking for RSYNC or CwRSync, you will find GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise by far a much better alternative when it comes to data replication and data migration projects.
If you are searching for an RSYNC for windows alternative, then we highly recommend that you download and trial GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise and we promise you that you will be very impressed by the results.
Telecommuters and people working permanently from home have become part of the norm in more and more companies every year. While there are many advantages to offering such a privilege to employees, it does present its own share of challenges to IT departments.
One of the main challenges presented is how to backup remote machines as relying on the users to do it themselves almost never works out and in the event of a harddrive crash, data corruption, accidental deletion, or getting data infected with a virus, the IT department will always have to assume the responsibility of recovering the data somehow.
This is a common scenario we see with many of our customers who have elected to use GS RIchCopy 360 Enterprise to overcome backing up their remote users and executive’s machines. GS RichCopy 360 provides the option to copy users’ data across the internet (using AES256 encryption) to a server in their main data center which is running GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise RTA (Remote Transfer Agent).
One RTA server can service many users (as many as a few hundred) given the hardware resources are available.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise can be set to run as a service so that data replication is run at set time intervals but furthermore, it comes with Real-Time feature to capture files created\modified in-between intervals.
Coupled with Byte-level replication which only sends the deltas in the files instead of sending the entire file cuts the replication time to possibly 10 to 15 minutes per day instead of 6 hours per day.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise has the ability to copy open and locked files so that users do not have to close out their files to “let them backup”.
This solution has worked for many businesses and government agencies from all sizes small, medium, large as well as fortune 500 companies.
If you have remote users or VIPs that save data on their local computers, then you should certainly consider backing them up. GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise is certainly one that you should consider for your organization. Download your free trial today of GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise
It is has been very common to see companies and organizations take advantage of deploying virtual machine instances in Amazon EC2 cloud. The main obstacle they face is how to keep the data on these servers backed up in their own company’s data center as a way of backup. It could also be the other way around where data needs to be replicated from their datacenter to VMs deployed in Amazon EC2 connected via VPN tunnel.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise has helped many customers facing these challenges by replicating files and folders (data) between their datacenter and the Amazon AWS EC2 cloud. GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise offers features like copying files over a single TCP port where the client gets installed on the source and a lightweight agent gets installed on the destination and data is transmitted between them. To conserve on bandwidth consumption, GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise comes with byte-level replication where only the deltas in the file are sent instead of sending the whole file every time it is changed.
The great news is that this solution does not only work with the AWS cloud but works with any other cloud provider for as long as both instances (datacenter and cloud) are running MS Windows operating systems. Cloud providers could be AWS, Microsoft Azure, RackSpace, …etc.
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise runs on the following operating systems:
- MS Windows 2012 R2
- MS Windows 2012
- MS Windows 2008 R2
- MS Windows 2003 (64 and 32 bit systems are supported).
- Or even windows workstation OS such as Windows 7 or later.
Below are two different ways to use GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise to replicate data (files and folders) from the datacenter to Amazon AWS EC2.
1) This scenario shows multiple data centers connected to Amazon AWS VM EC2 instances using Amazon VPC (VPN tunnels).
2) This scenario shows one server from datacenter replicating its data (files and folders) to an EC2 instance in Amazon AWS across the internet. (not the data transmission is using a single port which is fully encrypted using AES 256 encryption).